Ethan has an imaginary friend called "Monkey." (I know, for a very imaginative child, he doesn't name things very creatively.) One night, no one could sit in a certain chair at the dinner table because Monkey was sitting there. Ethan came running downstairs one day to use the bathroom downstairs. He had his pants undone and was headed for the bathroom. I asked him why he didn't use the bathroom upstairs, and he said that he couldn't because his monkey was sitting on the toilet.
Monkey has FHE with us, and he is blamed for a lot of messes at our house. Ethan said his monkey even drew all over BrynLeigh's face with an orange marker one day. We have been trying to explain to Ethan that monkey is not real, but gave up when a new KIA car commercial came out with a real live sock monkey on it. The first time he saw it, Ethan yelled, "Hey, there's my monkey!"
'bout time, Kate.
ReplyDeleteLove the monkey-friend and stories, and I love the toaster reflection picture on your header even more!
hilarious! my kids name their animals just as creative. we have elephant, the elephant and doggie the dog.
ReplyDeleteHere is my blog address
http://www.lynnfamilyblog.com/
and where is your photography blog?
welcome to the blog world. here's toendless amounts of wasted time! cheers!
ReplyDeleteDude! You kill me! All those pictures turned out soooo cute! And might I say, very creative! So jelous! Wish I had a tenth of your creativity! Love ya! Way to rock it Deliah! (I probably totally misspelled that!)
ReplyDeleteCute blog, Katie! I love the pictures of your family. You also did a REALLY good job on those wedding pics. You are so talented.
ReplyDeleteKatie! I LOVE that you have a card catalog from the high school at you house. I have always wanted one. I had my chance and let it slip away (long story). I also love that you labeled everything in the drawers.
ReplyDeleteOne more thing. I think imaginary friends are the best. Mari has 2, Baba and Collie. Baba is big and green and looks like Shrek, yet she will carry him in the palm of her hand. She is also Baba's mom. Mike had imaginary friends when he was little too. Did I ever tell you about them? There was Tim, Sam, and Suzy Conners. He also has imginary Mexicans that worked for him. Their names were Mocko, Jocko, and Shoelace.
ReplyDelete