Thursday, May 27, 2010

Retirement

This year, my mom & dad both retired, a few times. :)

I missed the grand retirement party for my dad, but some memories from my dad's work include the smell of oil and machinery, going for rides on the hand truck, and making lemonade in a styrofoam cup from the powdered lemonade dispenser. What a great job!!

After working at the library for 23 years, my mom has retired, also. I told her I wanted to take a picture of her at the library, and she said, "Then take it by the books because that is what I will miss the most."


I feel like I kind-of grew-up in the library. I am forever grateful to my mom who gave me a love for good books! I cannot think of her without thinking books, too.


2 comments:

  1. That library look so big and organized, and I think school librarian is my dream-job. What a great tribute to your parents, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as much as I loved this post I really hope you have not retired from posting to this blog.

    ReplyDelete