Friday, September 3, 2010

The Big Reveal

I had to put these pictures on my blog because I'm so excited about this project! Nate was tired of my projects, and so this time, I did it ALL myself. And he pointed out that this way, I don't have to wait for him to help me. :)

I really need to post a BEFORE picture, but I can't find it on my computer. So picture it in your mind, orange oak cabinets with gold handles. A faux green marble cabinet top, a 90's gold light fixture, and a cheap plastic faucet.

The AFTER:

I tiled the countertop and put on a new backsplash with tile that I got on sale for $16. I stripped the cabinets and put on a dark cherry stain. I spray painted the light fixture and put new glass fixtures over the bulbs that I found at the D.I. for $0.75 each. We bought a new faucet and sink for I can't remember how much (I only remember the good deals!).



I built this shelf to go over the toilet because we need the storage! I got the storage containers at the dollar store. Now my countertop can be empty and clutter-free. Yeah! I also searched everywhere for an orange shower curtain. I am really diggin orange lately.



Okay, so it's not any bigger than it was, but it feels so much more pleasant!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! Love it! Nice job! I am soooo impressed!!! Craig would love you as a wife! Heck any man would! You rock!! what are your plans tomorrow during the BYU game?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shelf is delightful! I am impressed, but not surprised, by your skills. I love the dark wood with the orange--my sister Katie has a very similar bathroom, with the same colors. You guys are soul mates. Do you keep going in there to look at it? That's what I do when I finish a project.

    Keeping my fingers crossed that this comment will work . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! I always want to do projects on my own, but Travis won't let me. He is too much of a perfectionist. I love the tile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job, looks great....you are Katie, right....

    ReplyDelete