Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trip Down "Moo"mery Lane

Almost every Sunday for the first 18 years of my life, we went to the Farm for Sunday dinner. We always had roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and red punch served on my grandma's china. Then she would always make popcorn that night. It holds a lot of memories for me, so I took my family back to see it. It has changed! But some things remain the same, just more cobwebs. After my grandpa could no longer farm, my uncle took over the farming.


This is the barn where my dad milked cows by hand! He tells stories of milking cows while listening to the radio in here.



My sister, Suzy, my cousin, Julie, and I made this into a play house. We spent hours decorating it. We hung newspaper "wallpaper" on the walls, and I remember we had to get a bird nest out of it before we could play. It was really creepy and definately not up to any code, but it was a little girls' dream play house!




Two years ago, a huge fire started in the potato cellar next to the farm. A lot of my uncle's equipment was badly burned.



Farm equipment is so beautiful and interesting! I told Nate that my dream is to own lots of land to explore and have a big junk yard where I can collect cool junk and take pictures of it.




The farm really is different, but it still feels the same. Good memories.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great family history post, Kate. I love the picture of the yellow farmy-spider things. But I don't know about your desire to have a junkyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. good memories must be documented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie you need to come to Vegas and we can go to this cool junk yard museum they have here of all the old Vegas signs and junk. It is super cool.

    ReplyDelete