Sunday, September 25, 2011

If Only We Could Amend Our Testimonies

Remember when we went to Girl's Camp or early morning Seminary testimony meetings and kids would bear their testimonies and then as the night wore on, they would speak up again and say, "I know I already bore my testimony, but I forgot to say this . . ." or something? Well, I wish we still did it that way, because today in Sacrament Meeting, I tried to bear my testimony and nothing came out right. I felt like getting back up and starting again, "What I was trying to say was this." I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but my head is still numb, and I feel like my brain is numb too, because I can't ever think clearly. I feel like I have to read and re-read and re-read things to comprehend them--all the time! And when I do anything, it takes so much concentration for my mind to focus. 
So what I was trying to say is that for my whole life, I have had this plan for myself in my mind. And I feel like sometimes I tell Heavenly Father what I think would be best for me. But His vision for my life is different than my vision for my life. I didn't marry the "type" of guy I thought I would. And I'm so glad. I don't have the career that I thought I would. And I'm glad. I didn't have my first baby right away like I thought I wanted to do. And looking back, I can see that that was a good thing. My life is filled with examples of things I thought would be best for me, and I am so glad that I am slowly learning to trust in His plan for me. I can only assume from past experience, that what I am going through now will be something that I look back on and realize that it was okay, that even maybe this is what I needed. I know if I turn my life over to Him, He will make it so much more fulfilling than I could on my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen. And I dont have shingles. I'm sure though it was perfect. Be more patient with ur self. You're perfect the way u are. And He does know what's best. And it's hard so we will turn to Him. Ur beautiful in every way. ;)

    ReplyDelete