Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fun Stuff in July

I am a little obsessed with magnet boards. I was wishing one day that all my walls were magnetic. The kids always want to hang up pictures they've drawn or announcements from school, but the fridge just isn't big enough. We were getting rid of some shelves in our storage room that were pure aluminum and ta-da, I had a great idea to flatten the shelves and frame them on my wall upstairs. Now we have a purely magnetic hallway, and I LOVE it! 


Okay. I love the new "subway sign" look that is out, but I have not found a saying that I like well enough to take up precious space on my wall. So I made my own out of the Proclamation on the Family. I have wanted this forever, and I love that it is big enough to really read. I also love how the fonts are various sizes, so some phrases jump out and stick with me.


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL. Do you have a cricut? (And when I say "cricut" I say it how it's spelled: "CRY-cut". What did you use for the words? That must've taken forever! But the finished project is so aesthetically pleasing and unique. And how did you make that molding fit around your metal shelves so well? You are awesome, Miss Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becca! No cricut. It is just a 18 x 24 print from Sam's Club! So it was a quick project.

    ReplyDelete