Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Grumblings


            I know a lot of women who have to get all the kids, plus themselves, plus a lesson ready for church by themselves on Sunday morning. But can I just tell you how hard it is? We have not been on time to church for weeks. And honestly, by the time we get there, I don’t want to be there! It is a struggle! But my parents never let us kids miss church, and because of that I know that I won’t skip even once. We need to be there, I can’t afford to not be. I think if I justified not going once, it would be easy to justify it again and again. I look at the awesome women in my ward, who go, week after week by themselves or without a husband to help them. Some of them are out in the hall the whole time with wild children! The Lord knows how hard it is, and surely, they are blessed all the more for it.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to read this. I have never had a harder time on Sundays than I do now. I asked Allen last week what happened to me, I used to love going to church. He said, "It's true, you used to be the churchiest girl I ever met." Sigh. I hope it's a phase that passes quickly. I need to pray to become that churchy girl again.

    ReplyDelete