Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby Names


            My kids have wanted a baby for years! So when we finally were able to get pregnant, we couldn’t keep it from them for very long. Our baby is due on Christmas day. I always thought how terrible it would be to be born on Christmas, but now I realize that that would be much tougher on the mom than it would be on the child! Isn’t it hard enough to buy presents for Christmas?! Today we started talking about names for the baby, as we have done before, and Gabe went and got a piece of paper for everyone to write down their favorites. My kids somehow think that the name that gets the most votes will win. Not so. This baby-naming will not be done democratically. I thought it would be funny to tell you the names we all chose.
Gabe: (girl) Alyssa or Allie
            (boy) Peter or Luke or Cris or Jack

Mom: (girl) Lillian or Lydia or Delia
            (boy) Henry or Grahm or Grey

Bryn: (girl) Princess or Sarah
            (boy) King or Luke
            (boy or girl) Baby

Samuel: (girl) Lily or Maxine or Roxy
            (boy) Austin or Stockton or Deven

Ethan: (girl) Tinka
            (boy) Stockton

4 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, I can't even tell you how excited I am for you to be having a baby. What a wonderful Christmas gift! How are you feeling? I love the name Delia and Grey. Kristine is a great name too! I do need to make another visit to you. One day when I make it back to Utah I will come your way again. Maybe this next time I won't leave your house as messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmmmm . . . you are HAVING A BABY? Then how do you have energy for your four kids PLUS all your amazing and beautiful projects? CONGRATULATIONS! I hope it's a boy because I love Graham and Grey and Henry all the way. But I hope it's a girl because what would life be like without sisters? (Not Roxy or Maxine) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy CONGRATULATIONS, Batman! I'm super excited for you! I think Bryn wins with the boy name--Lucas (Luke) King is excellent. :-)
    And Delia for a girl is sublime. I love you and hope you're feeling like a rock star this time around!

    ReplyDelete