I
went to my sister’s house last month in Saratoga Springs. A lot of people in
the areas around them were being evacuated from their houses because of the
fires burning there. I noticed that on my sister’s fridge was a list scrawled
in a child’s handwriting, and my sister said it was a list of things they would
grab if they had to leave their home, too. I smiled because I was thinking of
all the funny things that kids would put on the list. But I was surprised to
see a list of only 4 or 5 things. I thought about what I would take if I had to
leave my house, too. It was comforting to think that there is not much. We
spend a lot of time worrying about our stuff, but it’s just stuff. And most
everything can be replaced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment