Sunday, July 29, 2012

I Know the Romneys!


            Last month, we went to Park City and stayed in a time-share of Nate’s dad’s. It was so fun! We randomly picked a church to attend that Sunday. Strangely, there were men outside the church with ear-pieces who were talking into the lapels of their jackets. When we got inside, there were more! We picked the same sacrament meeting that the Romney’s picked that day! We waited in the foyer for Mitt to leave because I wanted all my kids to shake his hand. The teacher of my photography class told me that I should never go anywhere without my camera, so I DID bring it to church that day. But then I thought, “Why would I bring a camera in the church?” So I left it in the van. Of course, half the congregation whipped out their iPhones to take pictures of the celebrity in our midst, including Nate. But why didn’t he get a picture of us shaking the hand of our could-be next president? Why?
            Mitt Romney was standing not 3 feet away from me (we were kind-of packed in the foyer), as I waited to meet him. He talked to a man he knew for a full 5 minutes while we all stood there to meet him. So I had plenty of time to decide what I was going to say when it was my turn. Finally, he turned to me and said, “Hi.” I brilliantly said, “I just want to shake your hand.” I couldn’t have thought of anything better? I told Nate, and he said he was trying to leave the building at the same time as Anne Romney. He said to her, “Can I shake your hand?” I know we made a big impression on the Romneys.
            I hope Mitt Romney wins. My sister pointed out to me that with all that he has going on, no one would blame Mitt if he took Sunday off. It was awesome that even on his vacations, he still goes to church.
One final thought—Does someone have to taste Mitt Romney’s bread before he can take the sacrament to make sure it’s not poisoned?  

1 comment:

  1. you guys are great, way to be in the right place at the right time....

    ReplyDelete